K: Writing Assessment Systems - Downloadable PDFs
Learning Headquarters' Writing Plan: What does our writing assessment plan look like? How do we lay writing opportunities out over the course of the year, considering practice and multiple forms of assessment? This vision-building flow chart illustrates the layout of the assessment and instructional system for the year. The Learning Headquarters’ Writing Plan calls out a text-type focus for each trimester or grading period. Specifying the type of assessment (on-demand or authentic) is also a crucial part of the time-frame planning. Every classroom and school benefits from having a clear plan.
- Learning Headquarters' Writing Plan (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
Writing Assessment Tasks: How do we create writing assessment prompts that identify progress over time? How can we balance different assessment types? These well-thought-out assessment task tools provide each teacher with consistent and reliable assessment prompts which have been developed to emphasize the Common Core Shifts. Relying on a system-wide set of tools aligns writing opportunities to grade level expectations yet builds rigor across the grade levels. Use these tasks to gather reliable, valid data balanced in multiple forms.
- Baseline/Final On-Demand Assessment Tasks_K to 6 (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
- K_Baseline On-Demand Assessment Task_Opinion (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
- K_Final On-Demand Assessment Task_Opinion (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
- K_Trimester I Authentic Assessment Task_Opinion (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
- K_Trimester II Authentic Assessment Task_Informative/Explanatory (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
- K_Trimester III Authentic Assessment Task_Narrative (B&W, 8.5" x 11")