K: Student Writing Facilitation Tools - Downloadable PDFs
Student Writing Facilitation Vignettes: What is happening in our classroom while students are writing independently? How do we know what effective Student Writing looks, sounds, and feels like? These schema-building tools create a picture of how to facilitate student writing in story format. Following the flow of the vignettes offers a structure for setting the tone, managing a wide variety of writers, time devoted to feedback, and guided practice with application. Develop the core of your writing system with groups and bring these vignettes to life with your writers!
- Student Writing Facilitation Vignette: Conference Groups (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
- Student Writing Facilitation Vignette: Skill Groups (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
- Student Writing Facilitation Vignette: Independent Writing (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
Student Writing Self-Assessment: How can we improve effectiveness of Student Writing time? How do we prioritize our teacher strengths and next steps in Student Writing? This self-assessment offers an opportunity for teachers to take personal inventory of strengths and areas of improvement in providing feedback to writers in group settings. The proficiency descriptors break down areas of conference and skill writing groups by defining the expectations for behavior management, preparations, design, and dialogue. The rating system breaks down each detail as well as provides reflection opportunities for each category. Build upon your strengths and polish your goals today!
- Student Writing Self-Assessment (B&W, 8.5" x 11")
Writing Group Facilitation Actions: What are the key concepts of Student Writing? How can we describe our facilitation roles during writing groups in a nut shell? These detail-orientated Student Writing group facilitation tools walk educators through the different roles played when facilitating conference and skill groups with beginning and developing writers. With an overall protocol to utilize, feedback providers can guide writers with actions like coaching with individualized goals, sharing airtime, and asking questions. Whether working with heterogeneously- or homogeneously-grouped writers, follow these step-by-step actions and empower each writer!
- Conference Group Facilitation Actions Chart (Color, 8.5" x 11")
- K_Conference Group Action Tips (Color, 8.5" x 11")
- Skill Group Facilitation Actions Chart (Color, 8.5" x 11")
- K_Skill Group Action Tips (Color, 8.5" x 11")