First Grade Writing Inservice
Calling ALL first grade teachers! Join us for a strategy-packed day of first grade writing. Whether you are new to teaching or an expert, you will leave this session feeling validated and inspired to power up your instruction, ready to tackle new and renewed writing techniques, and prepared to dig in to step-by-step tools to teach argument (opinion), informative/explanatory, and narrative writing.
This empowering, six-hour training is designed to enhance your writing instruction. You will learn to:
- Engage your students in Common Core writing with dynamic instructional strategies
- Model, guide, and support students to write on their own
- Structure your day with interactive writing lessons and activities
- Scaffold instruction to help all students (regardless of language differences, special needs, and varying ability levels) meet and exceed their grade-level standards
- Help students access high-level vocabulary, utilize at-standard language conventions, add descriptive language, and integrate powerful sentences in writing
- Integrate text-dependent writing instruction across content areas
- Create engaging writing tasks, integrating current classroom concepts and texts
- Conquer Common Core grade-level writing text types through an effective sequence for instruction
- Pace instruction through user-friendly, flexible teaching guides designed to focus year-long planning
- Assess grade-level writing, utilizing scoring guides and snapshots, to track progress and ensure that student data drives instruction
- Build writing confidence in every student!
You will leave with a comprehensive handbook and extensive blackline masters to use immediately!