4: Writing Text Type Prewrite Organizers - Poster Set
Do our writers have tools to tackle each step of the writing process? How do we ensure that they understand the complex rigor to meet or exceed standard for Argument (Opinion), Informative/Explanatory, and Narrative writing? These Writing Text Type Organizers are designed to help support students in producing writing that conquers the grade-level-specific text type components.
With these research-based organizers, teachers will break down their thinking during Teacher Demonstration, emphasizing key aspects of the universal writing process in bite-sized, palatable pieces.
Prewrite: These focused tools clearly and logically demonstrate the prewrite step of the writing process in order to make thinking visible. The prewrite organizers pinpoint a controlling idea and prompt the writer to keep a laser-like focus while generating concise supportive reasons, points, or events. The organization is firmly supported with an audience hook, related information, supporting details, and wrapped up with a solid conclusion.These prewrite organizers are utilized to effectively communicate across text types and content areas.
- Fourth_Opinion Prewrite Organizer (B&W Laminated, 17" x 22")
- Fourth_Informative/Explanatory Prewrite Organizer (B&W Laminated, 17" x 22")
- Fourth_Narrative Prewrite Organizer (B&W Laminated, 17" x 22")
- Fourth_Prewrite Organizer B (B&W Laminated,17" x 22")
- Fourth_Text Structure Templates 2 & 3 (B&W Laminated, 17" x 22")
- Fourth_Text Structure Templates 4 & 5 (B&W Laminated, 17" x 22")
Text Types and Purposes: This standards-aligned tool highlights the expectations writers can aim for in order to meet and/or exceed grade-level-appropriate written output. The Text Types and Purposes Tool set provides you with the standards aligned to universal writing guides for each of the writing text types; opinion, informative/explanatory, and narrative. Teachers can emphasize one area at a time, build the whole picture, or use the template to create a student-generated checklist.
- Fourth_Text Types and Purposes Tool (B&W Laminated, 17" x 22")
- Fourth_Text Types and Purposes Tool Template (B&W Laminated, 17" x 22")
Writing Standards Chart: How can we ensure that our text type writing meets grade-level expectations? Do you need a tool at your fingertips to weave writing standards into planning and practice? This teacher-friendly reference provides standards details to model, guide, and apply with students. This is a Teacher Demonstration must-have!
- Fourth_Writing Standards Chart (Color, 8.5" x 11")