1: Writing Text Type EARLY Organizers - Downloadable PDFs
Do our writers have tools to tackle each step of the writing process? How do we ensure that they understand the complex rigor to meet or exceed standard for Argument (Opinion), Informative/Explanatory, and Narrative writing? These Writing Text Type Organizers are designed to help support students in producing writing that conquers the grade-level-specific text type components.
With these research-based organizers, teachers will break down their thinking during Teacher Demonstration, emphasizing key aspects of the universal writing process in bite-sized, palatable pieces.
Prewrite: These focused tools clearly and logically demonstrate the prewrite step of the writing process. The prewrite organizers pinpoint a controlling idea and prompt the writer to keep a laser-like focus while generating concise supportive details. This multi-faceted strategy can be used with developing writers in order to make thinking visible. Beginning writers start with graphic representation and matching words, whereas developing build high-quality phrases. These prewrite organizers are utilized to effectively communicate across text types and content areas.
- First_Early_Opinion Prewrite Organizer (B&W Laminated, 11" x 8.5")
- First_Early_Informative/Explanatory Prewrite Organizer (B&W Laminated, 11" x 8.5")
- First_Early_Narrative Prewrite Organizer (B&W Laminated, 11" x 8.5")
- First_Early_Prewrite Organizer B (B&W Laminated, 11" x 8.5")
Draft: This set of differentiated tools is utilized to practice the draft stage of the writing process. The draft organizers emphasize developing a basic controlling idea that can be supported by multiple detail sentences. The levels of the mix-and-match organizers increase in quality and quantity from a complete sentence toward various sentences that work together on the same topic which begins to formulate a solid paragraph eventually adding a wrap up with closure. The draft organizer set is utilized to effectively communicate across text types and content areas.
- First_Early_Draft Organizer I (B&W Laminated, 8.5" x 11")
- First_Early_Draft Organizer II (B&W Laminated, 8.5" x 11")
Publishing: These culminating writing tools provide writers with an open slate to finalize changes made throughout the writing process and present their learning in a polished way. The publishing paper helps students practice the techniques needed to publish and enhances the sense of writing accomplishment.
- First_Early_Publishing Paper I (B&W Laminated, 8.5" x 11")
- First_Early_Publishing Paper I Page 2 (B&W Laminated, 8.5" x 11")
- First_Early_Publishing Paper II (B&W Laminated, 8.5" x 11")
- First_Early_Publishing Paper II Page 2 (B&W Laminated, 8.5" x 11")
Text Types and Purposes: This standards-aligned tool highlights the expectations writers can aim for in order to meet and/or exceed grade-level-appropriate written output. The Text Types and Purposes Tool set provides you with the standards aligned to universal writing guides for each of the writing text types; opinion, informative/explanatory, and narrative. Teachers can emphasize one area at a time, build the whole picture, or use the template to create a student-generated checklist.
- First_Text Types and Purposes Tool (B&W Laminated, 11" x 8.5")
- First_Text Types and Purposes Tool Template (B&W Laminated, 11" x 8.5")
Writing Standards Chart: How can we ensure that our text type writing meets grade-level expectations? Do you need a tool at your fingertips to weave writing standards into planning and practice? This teacher-friendly reference provides standards details to model, guide, and apply with students. This is a Teacher Demonstration must-have!
- First_Writing Standards Chart (Color, 8.5" x 11")