First Grade: Read-Write Systems & Tools
How do we spark read-write connections? How do we help students grasp the authors' tools that they discover as readers and use as writers? Learning Headquarters' Read-Write Systems & Tools are designed to inspire all students to gather and develop rich content knowledge and critical source information from texts and transfer understanding to writing.
With these student-friendly write-read systems and tools, thinkers will understand the internal process writers use when creating a piece aligned to the task, purpose, and audience. These strategies support how to grasp high-quality, challenging literary and informational texts, keep notes on sources, and recognize and utilize author's tools such as structures and elements. It is crucial for students to understand the invaluable relationship between reading and writing!
- 1: Read-Write Design System - Poster Set $26.00
- 1: Read-Write Design System - Downloadable PDF $3.00
- 1: Read-Write Genre Sheets - Downloadable PDFs $2.50
- 1: Authors' Tools and Note-Taking Tools - Poster Set $12.00
- 1: Themes/Central Ideas - Downloadable PDFs $1.00
- 1: Note-Taking Tools - Downloadable PDFs $0.50